Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Free Paper! (A Cost Savings Idea)

Want to know a great way to get free paper for your craft of purpose? This is a great tip.... Call your local paint and wallpaper store and find out what they do when they are done with their wallpaper sample books. Most paint stores throw them away and will give them to you for FREE if you agree to pick them up at a certain time every month. Stores get new wall paper sample books with updated lines so they throw these books out on a regular basis. I get mine from the local Sherwin Williams. The books are HUGE and thick, the ones I have are about a 1 1/2 feet long by 1 foot wide. A lot of the books have some pretty cool textured wallpaper in there which can be lots of fun! Here is a card I made using some wall paper samples, some pictures of one of my books and a few of the pages inside of them. I want to try and hit up an upholstery store to see what they do with their sample books, oh the sewing that could be done from one of those :) I haven't got around to trying that one yet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment